Skylake Mini-ITX Motherboards are created using a smaller 14nm manufacturing process, unlike previous Generation Core Processors from Intel.
The main benefit of this Mini-ITX motherboard is its enhanced performance. Skylake has a faster 8GT/s bus connection between the CPU and Motherboard it also has a higher speed and capacity DRAM but can still operate with low power consumption.
Coupled with high end integrated graphics, which support Direct x12, these fanless motherboards are perfect for heavy computing environments and are available for mobile (low power) applications with desk top chipsets for fixed installations:
- QM170 mobile chipset
- C236 top performance fixed installation
- Q170 or H110 desktop chipsets
- Optional 12 volt power input
- Intel's 6th generation Skylake platform: Will this solution provide the benefits you'll be looking for in 2016 ?
- What is a Mini-ITX Motherboard ?
- BVM's Generation Core Processor Review
- Three new embedded SBCs based on the latest 6th generation Skylake-U i7/i5/i3 processors