At BVM, everything starts with a requirement specification. This can be a written specification, a working prototype - even a 'wish list'. Whatever the format, our engineers will create a design specification for agreement with you, the customer.
BVM's engineers are familiar with:
- the requirements of embedded systems
- what makes a successful design and what doesn't
We're sure you're the experts in your field of supply but our expertise lies in:
- The considerations needed for power requirements
- Thermal management
- Manufacturability and test
- Component availability
- Production life expectancy and obsolescence planning
Custom Board Designs
Unlike many of our contemporaries, at BVM we have a history, not only of distribution but of designing and manufacturing embedded computer boards. From the early days of VMEbus board design through to CompactPCI and PMC Module design. BVM now designs custom baseboards for System On Module applications using Computer on Modules (COM) such as COM Express, Qseven or ETX.
Our projects have included:-
- Advanced PCIExpress peripherals and expansion bridges.
- High specification PCI Express splitter devices to allow multiple devices to be driven from standard embedded motherboards
- Baseboards for Computer-on-Module processor boards, such as COM Express, Qseven and ETX implementing customers I/O & display requirements onto the baseboard and allowing processing to be handled by a standard module.
Our design service is intended to allow our customers to concentrate on their own immediate business needs, knowing that the core board design is taken care of by BVM.