What is Skylake ?
Skylake is an Intel chip design, which is made using the 14-nanometer process. Part of the core M processor series after Broadwell, Skylake has an architecture upgrade known as “tock”.
- Performance: Faster 8GT/s bus connection between the CPU and motherboard
- Graphics: Improved integrated graphics that support Direct X12
- Will allow thinner Windows tablets – competition with the latest iPad
- Battery life will be extended in: tablets, hybrids, laptops, PCs
- DDR4 support for lower power, higher speed and capacity DRAM
- Lighter/easier tablets to carry
- Improved graphics
- Improved application performance
- Will run Windows 10, Google’s Chrone, Android and even Windows 8.1 operating systems
- Will be used in mainstream Core i3, i5 and i7 PC processors – xeron server chips
- It helps to charge laptops wirelessly
- Connect to monitors
- Transfer data to peripherals
- Better GPU hardware
- Will support the 2nd generation of Intel’s real sense 3D camera technology
- Rezence magnetic resonance charging technology
- Wireless power and display
- Docking and connectivity
- Cables will be eliminated from the PC leaving a tangle free PC
- Will support the 2nd Generation of Intel’s Real Sense 3D camera technology
View our selection of Skylake Mini-ITX Motherboards - Performance with low power...
|LV-67S Skylake - Mini-ITX 6th Gen Core i7/i5/i3/Xeon C236 SBC||IMB-190 Skylake - Mini-ITX 6th Gen Core i7/i5/i3 H110 SBC|
At BVM we sell a range of core processors for different applications, click HERE to view Braswell, Bay Trail and Haswell Mini-ITX motherboards and see how they could be the best solution for your latest project.
Was this article useful? Contact us so we can help you find a solution.