Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB is the successor to the Windows NT Embedded, Windows XP Embedded, Windows Embedded Standard 7 and Windows Embedded 8 operating systems. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB is the same Windows 10 desktop operating system with a special license for the OEM in the IoT or Embedded System market. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB includes the usual lockdown features that have been in previous Windows Embedded operating systems like the Unified Write Filter and Shell Launcher. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB also has long term support, which is a requirement in the IoT and Embedded System market. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB is based on the normal Windows 10 Enterprise installation media but with the option to enable the well-known embedded features:
- Write Filters (EWF/FBWF/UWF)
- Keyboard Filter
- Gesture Filter
- App Locker and Layout Control
- Dialog Box and Notification Filter
- Shell Launcher / App Launcher
BVM specialises in producing ports of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB on mSATA, Hard Disk Drives (HDD) or Solid State Disk Drives (SSD) to go with many of the embedded boards and Panel PC`s in the range. Read more here or contact us to talk through your requirements. Some early advice can save a lot of time later in the project.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB Entry for lower performance processors:
- Selected Pentium (N Series, J Series)
- Selected Celeron (N Series, J Series, G Series, 3000 Series)
- Rest of Atom
AMD: R1xxx, E1, E2, E-350, A4, A6, G-Series, V10xx-V12xx, Athlon
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB Value for medium performance processors:
- Rest of Pentium (not specified above)
- Rest of Celeron (not specified above)
- Selected Atom (C2750, C2730, C2550, C2530, C2350, C3338, S1260, S1240, S1220)
- Core i3, Core i5, Core M
- Selected Xeon (E3-1225, E3-1501M, E3-1501L, E-2124G)
- AMD: Rest of RX-Series, A10, A8, Rest of FX Models (not specified below), V13xx-V19xx, Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB High End for high performance processors:
Intel:Core i7, Rest of Xeon
AMD: SelectedFX models (FX 7500, FX 9370, FX 9590, FX 7600P), Ryzen 7
All other non-specified CPUs
- Licences may only be purchased with suitable hardware, such as processor board or system.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB is supported on Microsoft's Long Term Service Branch (also known as LTSC - Long Term Service Channel) which excludes "universal apps" (including the edge browser) for enhanced stability.
BVM provides a full design and manufacturing service for embedded systems and provides a full turnkey package for its OEM customers. Find out more here.