The PMCSIO8-422 is an octal RS422 16C950 UARTs (high performance version of 16550 with 128byte FIFOs), RS422 up to 12M baud with an 8 signal interface, all channels available via front panel SCSI-II style connector and via PMC P4 connector for rear I/O.
See Accessories for rear I/O PIM modules and carriers.
- Conformance to PMC standard IEEE P1386.1/Draft 2.0 4th April 1995
- 32bit PCI single chip quad serial controller. (Oxford Semiconductor OC16PCI954).
- Secondary quad serial controller. (Oxford Semiconductor OC16C954).
- Configuration EEPROM for PCI subsystem, subsystem vendor ID and other configuration information.
- Build options of either RS232 or RS422/485 on a per channel basis. (Special order)
- All 8 serial channel available via front panel connector and PMC rear I/O.
- RS422/485 option provides differential TXD, RXD, CTS and RTS.
- Switch selectable full or half duplex operation for RS485.
- RS232 Communications up to 1Mbaud
- RS422/485 Communications up to 12Mbaud
Power Consumption (Typical)
- 5V 350mA
- +12V None
- -12V None
- 0°C to 70°C
- -5°C to +85°C special order
- 85% Relative Humidity