What is iRIS?
iRIS is a Remote Intelligent System which centralises computer information, to enable operators to respond quickly to problems within a variety of environments.
It is IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface), 2.0 compliant and allows managing power on/off, of unresponsive systems through a network connection.
iRIS is a recent, reboot hardware-level remote control technology, so there is no need to go into an operating system (OS) or login shell to implement remote control. Even BIOS settings can be edited remotely through a secure network connection.
iRIS’ key features:
Remote system maintenance
Active alert and notice
Remote device control
System health monitor
Remote power control
The benefits of using iRIS:
- Remote interrogation of multiple parameters reduces costs associated with on-site visits.
- Comprehensive centralisation of data
- Isolated 2.5 kV protection
- Reduction of Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Resolves over 80% of issues via Internet and Intranet
- Ability to remotely re-boot
- Reduces overall cost of ownership
If you are interested in using iRIS, view our products below which support this new Remote Intelligent System or contact us for more information.
IRIS-2400 – IPMI 2.0 adapter card with AST2400 BMC chip for DDR3 SO-DIMM socket interface
- PMI 2.0 based remote management
- 24″ Marine Panel PC
- 1920 x 1080 (16:9) Resolution 300 cd/m²
- IP66 Front/IP22 Rear
- Fanless Core i5 CPU
SBOX – 100 – QM87
- Intel Mobile Core i5-4400E
- Isolated 2.5V COM & CAN
- IEC60945 and DNV2.4 IASC-E10 compliant