We provide the tools you need to bring your
IoT device to market.
Our end-to-end IoT device manufacturing services provide everything you need to take your project from prototype to production.
IoT Device Development
Connected devices are central to IoT – gathering data, monitoring parameters and transmitting the gathered data. They are found in everything from industrial equipment, buildings, cars, animals, cargo shipments, pipelines through to us as people.
In the context of IoT, a device refers to anything that attains information and transmits it – whether that be wirelessly using 802.11 (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth, RFID or a cellular network. Or, via traditional means in the form of wired connectivity between devices such as Ethernet, Ethernet over power – or serial communication in standard protocols like Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART), or the Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol, which has its origins in the automotive industry.
Hardware and software components are designed for IoT applications using standard design practices; specification development, conceptual design, prototype, test and, ultimately, rollout of hardware and software integrated into a network. Some hardware platforms, such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, may help expedite a design faster and allow rapid prototyping without involved customisation – consequently, reducing the time required to implement an IoT configuration.
Your IoT design will require the identification of the performance components needed which BVM will help you with. We’ll provide a recommendation on the necessary hardware to achieve your requirements, backed up with provision of suitable specifications in the form of either a commercially off-the-shelf (COTS) or customised design – providing due care & consideration to the operating environment and the application at hand.
What BVM Provide…
- IoT device assembly via our production engineering facilities in Southampton, UK.
- PCB and Chassis Design
- Wiring & Cable Loom Manufacturing
- Test & Inspection
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- After sales support services
Fast and Reliable Manufacturing Solutions
- ‘End-to-end’ manufacturing services, with an established local and global supply chain. Gain the access you need to global markets without having to set up a factory yourself.
- Expert knowledge of materials performance and manufacturing processes, alongside established relationships with machining, tooling, and fabrication partners allows us to efficiently handle your production requirements from new product introduction (NPI) through to sustainable production to enhance your IoT device assembly to aftermarket servicing and technical support.
Production Engineering for your IoT Device
- Production Engineering (PE) acts as a bridge between product concept, design & development and manufacturing phases. Whether you choose pilot production or long-term manufacturing, our qualified production engineers, technicians, and operatives will oversee every aspect of your project to ensure a seamless transition when ramping up to volume manufacture. Even if your IoT device has been designed by a third-party, we’ll liaise directly with your design authority to get a full understanding of manufacturing requirements and timescales for completion.
- Our PE team are responsible for technical file audits, generating manufacturing build procedures and detailed works instructions – which incorporates process validation and the training of production operatives where required.
IoT Device Assembly
We handle manufacturing and assembly capacity needs from prototyping to low & medium production needs through to high volume. We deliver consistent quality to reduce risk and provide peace of mind.
PCB, Wire & Cable Loom Manufacturing
It’s likely your device will need to incorporate wiring or cable assemblies of some type – simple or complex. BVM have extensive experience accommodating various levels of wiring harness and cable assemblies using both semi-automatic and skilled manual processes.
Testing & Inspection
Automated test and inspection equipment provides the quality assurance that all devices BVM manufactured perform and are built to their optimum standards. We capture, inspect and record high-quality images of every PCB before they’re integrated into your device. For comprehensive test coverage, we subject product to automated optical inspection (AOI) and X-Ray inspection processes. They’re ideal for capturing the efficiencies of the component placement and reflow soldering processes for devices such as of 0201/1005 capacitors through to 0.3 mm pitch QFP’s to provide all round process control for defect prevention and maintenance of effective quality procedures.
Procurement & Supply Chain Management
BVM have a trusted network of suppliers to source and procure high quality but cost-effective materials in meeting individual device and full assembly requirements. Using our in-house ERP system, we can track materials, parts, and components across our supply chain to provide full traceability throughout the lifecycle of your IoT device.
BVM’s established long-standing partnerships with our suppliers are built on trust, transparency, and open communication enabling us to be proactive when notified of any changes within the supply chain.
Aftersales Servicing & Support
No matter where you’re globally located, we provide servicing and support, post-manufacture. We undertake and provide (just some) of the following:
- Serialisation for Traceability
- IoT Device labelling, packaging and distribution
- On Line RMA System
- Corrective Action Reporting
- Inventory Management & Control
- Warehousing and logistics
Embedded PC solutions we can incorporate within your IoT device design…
BVM supply a wide and diverse range of Industrial and Embedded Systems. From Industrial Motherboards, SBCs and Box PCs, to Rack Mount computers and Industrial Panel PCs. However, If you can’t find a standard solution that meets your specific requirements, then talk to our in house design team on your specific needs. We’ll provide impartial advice on the choices available to you – which could culminate in providing you with a bespoke design.
We like to make life easier ….
Our technical & commercial team members will always provide you with valuable but impartial advice around the products and services that BVM supplies. With their collective backgrounds, they’ll provide you with the benefit of their knowledge and experiences when & where you need it. We’ll always help you in the first instance and get back to you when additional information is required.