The market for AMR in all sectors is BOOMING!“The market revenue of mobile robots will grow by 50% in 2021. In 2024, the global mobile robot market revenue will reach 8.79 billion U.S. dollars, of which, the investment from manufacturing industries is about 5 billion U.S. dollars”
The on-going climate of COVID-19 means PC solutions deployed within warehousing and general logistics demand intelligent autonomy. AGV and AMR applications still continue to accelerate their evolvement, particularly around the driving forces at their computing core. DFI’s workhorse PC, the EC70A-KU, was developed to cater for many markets – including that of AGV/AMR needs and is a solution worthy of consideration for any application of this type.
What makes a reliable Industrial Computing brain for AMR?
- Enough performance capable for off-the-shelf robot software and additional redundancy for future software upgrades.
- Ability to perform real-time calculations in positioning and map reconstruction algorithms.
- Easily interactable solution to facilitate a wide range of sensors and actuators.
- Capability in receiving high-speed video streams from camera deployments and data streams from LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging).
Low Power Consumption
- To allow for extended battery operation time.
- In the reduction of battery losses caused by frequent charging.
Resistance to Harsh Environments
- Remaining operational in environments where diversification of temperature extremes is prevalent over long periods of time. The PC must be resistant to signal interference and withstand vibration during movement, providing for :
- Longer Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), lower Mean Time to Failures (MTTF), and shorter Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).
Robust Wireless Network
- Stability and reliability around transmission of data and control commands.
- System self-diagnosis and remote troubleshooting.
- To facilitate a better range of system integration especially in constrictive spaces
- Providing flexibility around the robot mechanism design
DFI’s EC70A-KU Embedded PC System……..
- 6th/7th Gen Intel® Core™ Fanless Embedded System
- 4GB/8GB DDR4 memory onboard
- 1x 2.5″ SATA 3.0 drive bay
- Supports 2 Mini PCIe for wireless application
- Rich I/O ports: 2 Intel GbE, 4 COM, 4 USB 3.0
|EC70A-SU4041-668||Fanless, Intel Core i7-6600U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 8GB DDR4 onboard|
|EC70A-SU4041-664||Fanless, Intel Core i7-6600U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 4GB DDR4 onboard|
|EC70A-SU4041-638||Fanless, Intel Core i5-6300U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 8GB DDR4 onboard|
|EC70A-SU4041-634||Fanless, Intel Core i5-6300U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 4GB DDR4 onboard|
|EC70A-SU4041-618||Fanless, Intel Core i3-6100U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 8GB DDR4 onboard|
|EC70A-SU4041-614||Fanless, Intel Core i3-6100U, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 2 LAN, 4 COM, 4 USB, 4GB DDR4 onboard|
We like to make life easier ….
BVM supply a wide and diverse range of Industrial and Embedded Systems. From Industrial Motherboards, SBCs and Box PCs, to Rack Mount computers and Industrial Panel PCs so, if you cant find an off the shelf system that meets your specific requirements speak with our in house design team who can design a new product from start to finish.