Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC (The Semi-Annual Channel is for customers who innovate quickly. With approximately two releases a year, you get new enhancements, features, and fixes almost as soon as Engineering signs off.) is the successor to the Windows XP Pro FES (For Embedded Systems), Windows 7 Pro FES and Windows Embedded 8 Pro FES operating systems. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC is the same Windows 10 desktop operating system with a special license for the OEM in the IoT or Embedded System market. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC includes the usual lockdown features that have been in previous Windows Embedded operating systems like the Unified Write Filter and Shell Launcher but includes the standard Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Apps unlike the LTSC version. SAC also has updates enabled but under deferred deployment control rather than locked down like LTSC. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC is based on the normal Windows 10 Enterprise installation media but with the option to enable the well-known embedded features:
- Write Filters (EWF/FBWF/UWF)
- Keyboard Filter
- Gesture Filter
- App Locker and Layout Control
- Dialog Box and Notification Filter
- Shell Launcher / App Launcher
BVM specialises in producing ports of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC on mSATA, Hard Disk Drives (HDD) or Solid State Disk Drives (SSD) to go with many of the embedded boards and Panel PC`s in the range. Read more here or contact us to talk through your requirements. Some early advice can save a lot of time later in the project.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC Entry for lower performance processors:
– Selected Pentium (N Series, J Series)
– Selected Celeron (N Series, J Series, G Series, 3000 Series, 4000 Series)
– Rest of Atom
AMD: R1xxx, E1, E2, E-350, A4, A6, A9, G-Series, V10xx-V12xx, Athlon
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC Value for medium performance processors:
– Rest of Pentium (not specified above)
– Rest of Celeron (not specified above)
– Selected Atom (C2750, C2730, C2550, C2530, C2350, C3338, S1260, S1240, S1220)
– Core i3, Core i5, Core M
– Selected Xeon (E3-1225, E3-1501M, E3-1501L, E-2124G)
- AMD: Rest of RX-Series, A10, A8, Rest of FX Models (not specified below), V13xx-V19xx, Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC High End for high performance processors:
Intel:Core i7, Core i9, Rest of Xeon
AMD: SelectedFX models (FX 7500, FX 9370, FX 9590, FX 7600P), Ryzen 7
All other non-specified CPUs
- Licences may only be purchased with suitable hardware, such as processor board or system.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC (Semi Annual Channel) is supported on Microsoft’s Current Business Branch (CBB) which allows feature updates to be deferred for up to a year for stability.
BVM provides a full design and manufacturing service for embedded systems and provides a full turnkey package for its OEM customers. Find out more here.