APLEX Technology are proud to announce their range of AEx Series, ATEX Zone 2 (C1/D2) products are also now certified to ATEX Zone 22 !
The AEx Series is composed of an all-round, competent product line up – inclusive of :-
- Panel PC (AEx-8, AEx-9)
- Display Monitor (AEx-1)
- Box PC(AEx-2410, AEx-2411)
The AEx Series range of products are specifically designed to meet the challenging environments presented by applications involved within the oil & gas industries, flour milling, mining and chemical production.
Hazardous Area Classification
Within these industries, there is always the risk of an incendiary reaction due to the high potential of a volatile atmosphere being present. There are generally three individual factors that contribute to these probabilities, especially when all come together at the same time; explosive materials, oxygen and a source of ignition. Explosive materials include flammable gases, mists, vapor and combustible dust.
APLEX’s AEx Series possess the certifications inclusive of Class 1 / Division 2 and Class 2 / Division 2, IECEx, ATEX Zone 2 – and also now the newly passed ATEX Zone 22. ATEX is the general certification applied for operation in potentially explosive atmospheres and the “Zone” classifies the level or grade of the environment.
Zone 2 is classified as an area that consists of a mixture of flammable materials in the forms of gas, vapor, liquid or mist. Zone 22 is classified as an area that consists of a mixture of combustible dust in the atmosphere. Both environments are extremely dangerous when ignition occurs, causing extremes in explosion.
ATEX Zones Explained
- Zone0: Where gases/vapours in an explosive atmosphere are present continuously for long periods of time – or will frequently occur.
- Zone1: Where gases/vapours in an explosive atmosphere are likely to occur occasionally in normal operation.
- Zone2: Where gases/vapours in an explosive atmosphere are not likely to occur in normal operation but, if they do occur, will persist for a short period only.
- C1D2: Certification ensures ATEX series gases/vapours in an explosive atmosphere will not create sparking which could lead to detonation.
- Zone20: Dust(s) in an explosive atmosphere is/are present continuously for long periods of time – or will frequently occur.
- Zone21: Dust(s) in an explosive atmosphere are likely to occur occasionally in normal operation.
- Zone22: Dust(s) in an explosive atmosphere are not likely to occur in normal operation but, if they do occur, will persist for a short period only.
- C2D2/C3: Certification ensures ATEx series dust(s) in an explosive atmosphere will not create sparking which could lead to detonation
AEx Series Main Features
The AEx Series possesses a number of certifications and features, inclusive of certification to IP66 ingress protection. The series is equipped with M12 connectors to ensure protection and performance of the following i/o :-
- Power DC in 9~36V
- 1 x LAN
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x RS-232/422/485
- 1 x VGA
Modular Design – Cost of Ownership
The AEx Series display monitors and panel PC range have flat bezels which are easy to clean for maintenance purposes. The modular design of the AEx Series facilitates a lower cost of ownership – where in the event of failure of the display or computer – only a singular component needs to be either fixed or replaced, not the whole system. This is also particularly advantageous where performance upgrade of either components are required as well.
The AEx Series provides sunlight readable display solutions and also (optional) wireless communication inclusive of GPS, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and Bluetooth.
- ATEX Zone2, Zone22, IECEx and C1D2 Certificate
- 15”, 16”, 19”, 21.5” Screen
- Intel Core 6th i5/i3 processor (AEx-9XXAP(H) series)
- Intel Celeron Processor N2930 (Aex-8XXP(H) series)
- Wide range DC 9~36V Power Input
- Support Panel Mount & VESA Mount
- Support Projected Capacitive Touch
- Full Flat Bezel and Fanless Design
- Modular Design
We like to make life easier ….
However, if you can’t find a solution that meets your needs from our wide & varied portfolio of standard products, speak to one of our team members around our bespoke design and manufacturing services. We can design a solution from ‘ground up’ – from concept & development through to product manufacture.