RMA Returns Process
If your product fails during the Warranty Period it will be repaired or replaced free of charge subject to BVM’s RMA policy. Outside the warranty period a fixed charge will be made for investigation. Please see our RMA policy for more details.
To obtain an RMA number, fill in and send the form below. You will be then sent an RMA number by email. Please use this number at all times when referring to the item. A separate RMA must be obtained for each item to be returned. Please note that the issue of an RMA number is an acknowledgement of your request, but does not imply acceptance of a warranty claim”
To complete your RMA, could you please :-
- Please make sure you read our ‘RMA Policy’ carefully – which is set out below, then
- Fill out the Request Form (below)
- An official RMA number will then be returned to you by e-mail
- Print out the RMA form and send it along with the defective item back to us at:
By reading this agreement and requesting a RMA you agree to the terms and conditions laid out in this agreement.
By requesting a RMA you acknowledge that you have read this agreement.
End User RMA Policy
Please read the following agreement:
This policy applies to Warranty and Out of Warranty Repair Procedures.
For a faster and a more efficient service, BVM LTD recommends that customers contact BVM LTD support engineers prior to requesting RMA’s. This may save time and the cost of unnecessary shipping of products back for repair to BVM LTD.
BVM LTD will only provide a warranty/repair service for products purchased from BVM.
BVM LTD determines the warranty period based on the product sale date. The product sale date can be verified by consulting the original purchase invoice.
RMA Request Procedures and Guidelines
- All RMA request forms must be completed in order to obtain a RMA number.
- RMA requests with missing or incorrect serial number(s) may result in a delayed process or a rejection of request.
- Any model discrepancy for received items may result in a delayed processing time.
- Products received with no RMA number may delay processing or result in a rejection of the request. BVM LTD will not be responsible for items received without proper information.
- Cross shipping or advanced replacements is not normally available.
- Products will either be repaired or replaced at our discretion.
- Average turnaround times will be 2-3 business working weeks from receipt of the product at BVM LTD, or 6 to 8 weeks for products repaired at the manufacturers overseas facilities. These times are subject to change due to excessive work load, holidays, and the general unavailability of resources required to facilitate the repairs.
- If the information on your RMA request varies from the actual item(s) received, the RMA will be based on the actual item(s) received and you will be advised.
- RMA numbers will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue. After this the number will be cancelled and a new number will have to be requested if the item(s) still require repair.
- BVM LTD will provide one way freight via standard courier service free of charge, this is for the return of the repaired product back to the customer.
- For consecutive violation of No Fault Found (NFF), a testing fee per NFF board or system may apply, the amount will be at the discretion of BVM LTD.
Warranty Period by Product
All products supplied by BVM LTD come with a standard 1 year return to base warranty. Extended warranties may be purchased for selected products at the time of original product sale. Please contact the BVM LTD sales team for further information on this.
- Products with missing or defaced serial numbers
- Products damaged by environmental factors, which include but not limited to, oxidation, water, and excessive heat, and/or damages caused by natural disasters
- Physical damage which include, but not limited to, the following:
- Unauthorized modifications
- Misuse, neglect or improper assembly
- Impact, and or deformation, due to excessive forces and/or assembly and/or use.
- Transport damages due to improper packaging or courier mishandling
- Burns resulting from faulty or failed electric power (unless the fault is attributed to BVM supplied (and warranty covered) power supplies).
- Missing/bent pins
- Mechanically damaged components
- BVM LTD will contact customers for return shipping/freight charge of physically damaged, out of warranty and/or non-BVM LTD products. BVM LTD will not be responsible for the product(s) if there is no response or payment received within 6 months of contact with the customer. BVM LTD will take all reasonable steps to contact the customer in regards to repair charges, out of warranty returns, physically damaged and/or un-repairable products returned under a RMA number. If there is no response from the customer for 6 months or more, BVM LTD reserves the right to dispose of the products as we see fit. Steps taken may include rendering the product un-repairable with physical damage, disposal under the WEEE directives, or disposal in such a way as to recover costs incurred by BVM LTD.
Packaging and Shipping
- Only include products and quantities approved for requested item(s) on the RMA request.
- Send the bare product only (accessories and/or other peripherals should not be returned), unless authorised to return such items by a BVM LTD support engineer.
- Include a copy of all related RMA documents.
- The RMA number must be written clearly on the outside of the packing box.
- Electrostatic bags are required for all products that are ESD sensitive to protect them from ESD(electro static discharge) influences during shipping. Products returned for repair that are ESD sensitive and are not ESD protected may not be covered under any existing warranty.
- Package the contents securely to prevent possible shipping damage. Double boxing is recommended. BVM LTD is not responsible for shipping damage.
- A carrier that provides tracking information and/or delivery confirmation is recommended.
- BVM LTD will not be responsible for shipments where proof of delivery is not available.
- The customer is responsible for shipping to BVM LTD.
- ALL COLLECT DELIVERIES WILL BE REFUSED, UNLESS AUTHORIZED IN ADVANCE.
- Any products received without proper documentation and/or RMA number may be considered unclaimed. Unclaimed products will be discarded at BVM LTDs discretion after a period of 6 months from receipt. BVM LTD will take all reasonable steps to contact the customer in regards to products returned. If there is no response from the customer for 6 months or more, BVM LTD reserves the right to dispose of the products as we see fit. Steps taken may include rendering the product un-repairable with physical damage, disposal under the WEEE directives, or disposal in such a way as to recover costs incurred by BVM LTD.
Out of Warranty Products (chargeable repairs)
BVM LTD may attempt to repair out of warranty products under the following circumstances:
- The customer agrees to pay a labour and part charge prior to repairs. This would normally be paid by Purchase Order prior to the repair taking place, unless the customer has a business account with BVM LTD.
- There is no physical damage to the product, or any physical damage is acceptable and noted by the customer prior to repair.
- All required parts are available for repair.
Please note: the fee is an initial fee to cover the investigation and simple repairs by our engineers, including return of the product to the customer. If more extensive repairs are required then the customer will be contacted with a quotation for such repairs as are necessary. The customer would at this point have the option of paying the extra costs to have the product repaired or have the product returned back to them without further remedial work being carried out. A further option would be for the customer to request that the product is disposed of at BVM. The initial fee would not be refundable under any circumstances. If there was no contact from the customer regarding the chargeable repair then the following will apply:
- BVM LTD will take all reasonable steps to contact the customer in regards to products returned. If there is no response from the customer for 6 months or more, BVM LTD reserves the right to dispose of the products as we see fit. Steps taken may include rendering the product un-repairable with physical damage, disposal under the WEEE directives, or disposal in such a way as to recover costs incurred by BVM LTD.
Second RMA Procedures
- Customers must contact a customer support engineer at BVM LTD prior to requesting a second RMA.
- If a BVM LTD engineer concludes that the product qualifies for a second RMA, BVM LTD will issue a RMA for the product:
- If the product is defective upon inspection/test at BVM LTD, the product will be repaired/replaced and returned to the user at BVM LTD’s expense.
- If the product is not defective upon inspection/test at BVM LTD, the product will be returned at the user’s expense.
- If a BVM LTD engineer concludes that the product is not defective, and the customer insists that the product comes in on a second RMA to be inspected/tested, BVM LTD will issue a RMA for the product:
- If the product is defective upon inspection/test, the product will be repaired/replaced and returned to the customer at BVM LTD’s expense.
- If the product is not defective upon inspection/test, the product will be returned at the customers expense and the customer may also need to reimburse BVM LTD for the cost of issuing the RMA. A testing fee may also apply at the discretion of BVM LTD.