BVM Embedded Manufacturing Services
At BVM, we pride ourselves in our ability to gather a clear understanding of our clients products needs, right from the start. We always begin by deriving a ‘requirement specification’ – which can be a written specification, a working prototype or ‘mock up’ provided by you – or even a just a ‘wish list’ around how you want your product to function in the environment it’s destined for. Whatever the format, our engineering & commercial team will create a design specification agreed with & signed off by you. Because we’ve honed our skills over the years that BVM have existed, our Made to Order manufacturing & technical support team know what makes a successful design (and just as importantly, what doesn’t) around the requirements of an embedded system.
These are just some of the areas where we apply our skills:
- Considerations needed for power requirements of a system
- Thermal management of systems
- Design for Manufacturability and Test
- Component selection for lifetime availability
- Obsolescence Planning
After we’ve agreed the requirement & design specification with you, the detailed design work begins – resulting in the production of a “proof of concept” – a working unit to verify your application software’s functionality, aesthetics – the all round look & feel of your product.
Whether we’re utilising our own manufacturing & production facilities here in Southampton – or our ecosystem of partners in Asia, BVM can cope with any size or complexity of batch manufacturing. Our production team are highly motivated with a flexible “can do” attitude ensuring consistent quality and on-time delivery.
BVM have made the investment in CAD to provide the latest tools for its electronic & mechanical hardware design and integration team.
This is essential when it comes to ensuring accurate integration of TFT displays, embedded motherboards, wireless and cellular connectivity, enclosure design, additional electronics and a products overall look and feel….Find out more
Whether a new printed circuit assembly or an embedded system, prototypes can be produced for design verification and functional testing with your application software.
Environmental & extended temperature testing, EMC testing and general cosmetic and functional tests are all part of the services we provide around product design so discrepancies can be identified & rectified before your product is released for manufacture & marketing….Find out more
It’s relatively straightforward to get up and running with an embedded O/S, but to obtain a robust, optimised and secure operating system – a deeper understanding is required.
Our own processes are proven – and we can provide you with guidance on how an implementation should be configured with consideration to the implications of using flash storage, write filters, resilience to attack and system recovery procedures….Find out more
Design | Develop | Test | Manufacture
Here’s a selection of our design, manufacturing
& associated services: –
- FREE Pre-design / Pre-sales advise
- Prototyping – Custom PC Design, Custom Panel PC, Custom Racks or Custom Peli Case PC
- Prototyping pre checks (chargeable one-time fee for existing prototype)
- Hardware compatibility
- Thermal testing
- Software compatibility
- Custom PCB / Board Design
- Custom Chassis Design
- Custom Cables
- Custom Back Panels and Faceplates
- Custom Cooling
- Custom Metal Work (internal brackets, mounting brackets)
- Touchscreen Integration and Display Enhancements
- Software – Custom OS Image
- Custom specification (CPU, Ram, I/O, Storage)
- Chassis customisation and branding
- Custom BIOS
- Software – Custom OS Image
- Custom Packaging and branding
- Integrating newly designed or existing hardware into a larger system
- Windows image capture from customers HDD
- Linux image capture from customers HDD
- Windows / Linux Deployment from customers image
- Custom Windows images, create and deploy
- Update management
- Custom Linux and Android images?
- Custom BIOS
We like to make life easier ….
Our Made-to-Order manufacturing services are intended to allow our customers to concentrate on their own immediate business needs, knowing that the core design is taken care of by BVM.