13th Generation “Raptor Lake” Intel iCore Processors
Intel’s newest Intel Core processor family with performance hybrid architecture.
27-09-2022 Intel revealed the 13th Gen Intel Core processor family, led by the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K – the world’s fastest desktop processor. The new 13th Gen Intel Core family includes six new unlocked desktop processors with up to 24 cores and 32 threads and blazing clock speeds up to 5.8 GHz for the best gaming, streaming and recording experience.
Led by the launch of the Intel Core “K” processors, the 13th Gen Intel Core desktop family will consist of 22 processors and more than 125 partner system designs – providing an uncompromising experience in both application performance and platform compatibility. Enthusiasts can take advantage of 13th Gen Intel Core processors’ performance improvements with existing Intel 600 or new Intel 700 series chipset motherboards. Combined with both the latest DDR5 memory support and continued DDR4 memory support, users can enjoy the benefits of 13th Gen Intel Core while customizing their setup based on their own feature and budget preferences.
With this generation, Intel’s performance hybrid architecture brings together the fastest Performance-cores (P-core) ever built along with up to double the number of Efficient-cores (E-core) – delivering improved single-threaded and multi-threaded performance that enables:
Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake: At a glance
- World’s best performance: Available with up to 24 cores (8 P-cores, 16 E-cores) and 32 threads, the new Core i9-13900K provides the best experience for AI, gaming, streaming, recording and more. With up to 5.8 GHz and 15% better single-thread performance, it can push high frame rates and allow for unleashed gaming experiences across top titles.
- Continued advances in content creation performance: The 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processor lineup adds more E-cores and up to 41% better multi-threaded performance to handle multiple, compute intensive workloads to keep people in the creative flow.
- An unmatched overclocking experience: The 13th Gen Intel Core processor offers an unmatched overclocking experience for everyone – from experts to beginners. 13th Gen Intel Core processor users can see higher average overclocking speeds across P-cores, E-cores and DDR5 memory. Intel also updated its easy one-click overclocking feature, Intel Speed Optimizer, to support 13th Gen processors so users can overclock with minimal effort. And the robust Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 3.0 ecosystem provides a wide selection of overclocking modules. When coupled with Intel Dynamic Memory Boost, this feature provides a hassle-free memory overclocking experience with both DDR4 and DDR5.
Industry-Leading Features for Desktop Platforms
The 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors empower users with leading-edge performance and experiences across gaming, content creation and work, with several new and improved features including:
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology and Thermal Velocity Boost opportunistically boosts processor clock frequencies based on power and thermal headroom during a given workload. Available in Intel Core i9 unlocked SKUs.
- More E-cores across Intel Core i5, i7, i9 power a big leap in multi-threaded performance and better multi-tasking/mega-tasking experience for users.
- PCIe Gen 5.0 support, with as many as 16 lanes off the processor.
- Increased memory support to DDR5-5600 and DDR5-5200, while maintaining DDR4 compatibility.
- Up to 2x the L2 cache and increased L3 cache.
Introducing the Intel 700 Series Chipset with Backward Compatibility
Alongside the 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors, Intel is launching the new Intel 700 Series chipset with advanced features for increased reliability and performance. Eight additional PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes combined with PCIe Gen 3.0 provide 28 total lanes off the chipset, increased USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20Gbps) ports provide improved USB connectivity speed, and DMI Gen 4.0 increases the chipset-to-CPU throughput for fast access to peripheral devices and networking. Additionally, Intel is bringing forward and backward compatibility. Take advantage of 13th Gen Intel Core processor performance improvements with existing Intel 600 chipset-based motherboards.
Intel Unison: A Seamless Multi-Device Experience Enabling an Open Ecosystem
Following the acquisition of Screenovate showcased at CES 2022, Intel is introducing Intel Unison, a software solution that seamlessly connects your PC and devices for a universal, easy-to-use experience across operating systems.
Intel Unison’s initial release will deliver a continuous and seamless connectivity experience between the PC and phone, beginning with iOS and Android. Following a simple pairing process, users will be able to:
- File transfer: Users save time when transferring files and photos between a PC and Android or iOS device, as well as extend the power of the PC and enjoy the continuity of taking a photo or video on a phone and seamlessly editing on the PC.
- Text message: Users send and receive text messages from PCs to avoid device-switching and enjoy the comfort and ease of a full keyboard and monitor.
- Phone calls: With access to a phone’s full contact list, users can make and receive voice calls directly from their PCs.
- Phone notifications: Users can receive and manage phone notifications from a PC to stay connected and maintain control.
Intel 13th Gen Raptor lake Products
Jetway LI25-H6100L Series Alder Lake / Raptor Lake Mini-ITX Motherboard
Jetway HB650I24 Series Raptor Lake-P Wide Temp Box PC
ASRock Industrial SBC-373-WT 13th Gen Raptor Lake-P 3.5″ SBC
ASRock Industrial IMB-1316 14th/13th/12th Gen Micro ATX Motherboard
Neousys Nuvo-9166GC 13th/12th Gen Rugged AI Inference Platform supporting 130W NVIDIA L4 GPU
Neousys Nuvo-10108GC 12th/13th Gen Edge AI Platform Supporting Single 350W NVIDIA RTX GPU
Winmate L156AD-4K 15.6″ Intel Raptor Lake i7/19 and NVIDIA MXM GPU Rugged Laptop
Winmate L156AD-FHD 15.6″ Intel Raptor Lake i5/i7 Rugged Laptop
We like to make life easier ….
Our technical & commercial team members will always provide you with valuable but impartial advice around the products and services that BVM provide. With their collective backgrounds, they’ll provide you with the benefit of their knowledge and experiences when & where you need it. We’ll always help you in the first instance and get back to you when additional information is required.