BVM’s Embedded Design Services are there to take your ideas from concept to initial designs and prototyping – and turn them into manufacturable products.
Our OEM Embedded Product Design services are adaptable and flexible so they can be applied to a variety of every day industrial application purposes – even harsh environments or specialist use – where operation and maximum up-time in diverse temperature and environmental extremes are unavoidable. Our designs can be made to be shock resistant, dust and waterproof (IP certified) – and optimised for 24/7 running for both hardware and operating system software.
Embedded Product Design is a specialised area that requires trained expertise and the right supporting tools. In addition, there’s also the need for practical knowledge and experience around industrial design, mechanical design, thermal engineering along regulatory certification requirements. For our customers, BVM appreciate that it’s often difficult to obtain all these elements & skills within their respective teams – and with rapid changes in technology and an ever- shrinking requirement for time to market, this makes the investment in tools, people and infrastructure expensive . That’s where the services of a reliable partner such as BVM can become an immense advantage for our customers.
BVM offers a wide range of Embedded Design Services that are intended towards transforming an idea into a complete product. This includes the determining of system architecture, hardware design, software (operating system) design, mechanical design, prototyping, design validation and pilot production.
With expertise in designing for product life cycle, BVM brings in a wealth of experience in designing products that cut across various domains such as Industrial Automation, IoT and many more.
Through skilled personnel, latest tools, sophisticated lab and trusted eco-system partners, we cater where legacy platforms need to be provided. Our dedicated team, a blend of experience and innovation, has the expertise to handle projects ranging from small form factor designs to multi-system designs.
Embedded Product Design Service
From miniature IoT gateways to complex system designs, BVM are a one-stop-shop for any electronic product design requirement. A provider of ‘first-time right’ designs, we follow proven practices that ensure product quality and extended availabilities. We’ve already undertaken bespoke designs for a number of applications in the following areas :-
- Embedded System Design – for standard (ambient) and harsh environments
- System-on-Module Carrier Board Design
- IOT Gateways and EDGE Device Design
- Data Acquisition and Server Systems
Mechanical Design Services
Our design team helps to realise the right enclosure and all round mechanical design required for a product, consideration to the aesthetics, cost, cooling requirements, durability, ruggedness and safety. Our capabilities include designing of rackmount chassis’, DIN rail systems, system or box type enclosures and handheld/portable enclosures. Elements comprising are mechanical design services – include :-
- Provision of concept drawings
- Rapid prototyping
- Thermal design and to ensure efficiencies for cooling
From Concept, To Design for Manufacture
BVM Products are Designed for Manufacture. Our design team always keeps this important feature in mind throughout the design duration, right from initial concept – and well before any level of product sign off is completed. During the design processes, the design will be refined and honed along the way to make it suitable for repeatable production.
Our designs will always consider:-
- Set up and tooling costs
- Volume production costs
- Maintenance costs
- Environmental effects
BVM’s Design for Manufacture processes will always allow every commercial (and technical) consideration to be identified within design phase, the most cost-effective place to catch & address everything.
BVM Case Studies
- Case Study: 15″ Marine Certified Touchscreen Panel PC SolutionOur client sought an alternative supplier capable of providing & supporting their requirements for a 15″ Marine Certified Touchscreen Panel PC to fulfil an immediate 15pcs ship refit.
- Case Study: Aerospace – Peli Case Portable Electrical Test SystemHere at BVM, we work on a wide range of projects, applying a range of expertise. Here we discuss our design and manufacture of a Peli case system, highlighting the challenge and our solution
- Case Study: Air Traffic Control – IP ControllerOur client is the world’s leading manufacturer of Air Traffic Control (ATC) ground to air communication systems for civilian and defence applications and supplies products to customers around the globe.
- Case Study: Arcade Loyalty SystemsCustom Loyalty Terminal enabling operators to run member promotions, offer loyalty bonuses, run mystery jackpot games and monitor members’ activity and target advertising.
- Case Study: Atmos International Portable Tightness MonitorSince 2000 (Atmos) has been supplying tightness monitoring systems for jet fuel pipelines and airport hydrant systems across the world. BVM engaged with them to update the current PC and HMI technology.
- Case Study: Custom Medical Panel PC – Endoscope Hygiene & CleaningCustom Medical Panel PC for Endoscope Hygiene & Cleaning Processes. Mini-ITX solution, incorporated into a chassis with 15” TFT with 5 wire resistive touch-screen to provide a slim-line profile Panel PC.
- Case Study: Custom Rail PC – Level Crossing Safety SystemsHere at BVM, we work on a wide range of projects, applying a range of expertise. Here we discuss our design and manufacture of a system PC, highlighting the challenge and our solution, plus much more.
- Case Study: Deep Sea Autonomous Submarines – Camera ControlDeep Sea (submersed to 6000 meters) Autonomous Submarines. Compact camera controllers to photograph the life on the seabed.
We like to make life easier ….
Our technical & commercial team members will always provide you with valuable but impartial advice around the products and services that BVM supplies. With their collective backgrounds, they’ll provide you with the benefit of their knowledge and experiences when & where you need it. We’ll always help you in the first instance and get back to you when additional information is required.