Supporting Construction Vehicle Operational Safety & Efficiencies:
A BVM Case Study
Pioneering a “Safety First” Attitude Whatever the Industry
With over 30 years of experience in supplying modular & innovative safety solutions for the construction, rail, waste management & recycling, warehousing, sea & airports and agriculture & forestry sectors, our client is a dedicated visionary force in introducing adaptable safety solutions for the safeguarding of both personnel & equipment assets.
Fusing industrial PC technology with efficient operation within challenging environmental conditions……
Our client’s request was to integrate an advanced industrial touchscreen PC solution into on-site construction vehicles to ensure system stability & balance to protect vehicle operator safety during on-site operation – a solution that could also remain fully operational for sustained periods whilst undergoing the rigours of diverse weather & temperature conditions.
Our clients prime directive was clear: a low-power, versatile computer that sported rapid boot capabilities to initialise both the Windows operating system and the customer’s proprietary software application in under 45 seconds.
In direct response to our client’s specific requests, BVM provided a 7” Embedded Panel PC in the format of Winmate’s FM07 7″ Vehicle Mounted Computer (VMC) Panel PC solution deployed with a bespoke Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2019 operating system to achieve system boot times. Main features of the overall solution provided, included :-
- Vehicle-mounted Panel PC powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 Apollo Lake processor to harness both capable computing ability and low power during operation.
- 7″ TFT display, 1024 x 600 Panel PC with integrated projected capacitive multi-touch screen to ensure an intuitive user interface experience.
- Wide power input range of 9-36V DC, featuring ignition support for versatile power supply options.
- M12 waterproof connectors to reinforce consistency of connectivity in the presence of harsh environmental conditions.
- IP65-certified ingress protection, further fortified by an E-Mark certification to safeguard against EMC challenges of an in-vehicle environment.
- Compliance with MIL-STD-810G standards to ensure resistance in the withstanding of shock and vibration.
- A bespoke Windows IoT 10 LTSC 2021 image specifically configured by BVM to optimise boot time efficiency and obtain to a ‘ready to run’ application state within the target time of 45 seconds.
Elevating Efficiencies: The Result
The implementation of a bespoke Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2021 operating system proved transformative, trimming boot time down from that of the previous application by over 50%. System boot was achieved & demonstrated by initial supply of sample units for our client to verify boot time – eventually leading to a production stream supply of 30 units per month.
Seizing Your Industrial PC Future With BVM
Are you ready to revolutionise your embedded computing needs?
If you are, embark on a journey of innovation & collaboration with BVM, a proven industry solution provider of standard and bespoke industrial PC solutions with over 30 years of experience. Our expertise is your gateway to PC technological advancement and achievement. Reach out to us today on + 44 (0) 1489 780 144 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winmate FM07 Series: Compact 7″ Vehicle-Mounted Computers
Winmate’s compact 7-inch vehicle mounted computers, the FM07 and FM07E, bring a compact design to a leading class of vehicle-mount computers. The VMC (vehicle mounted computer) provides a choice of Intel Celeron Apollo Lake or Elkhart Lake processors – along with a pCAP (Projective Capacitive) multi-touch screen to allow the user to manage data easily, all in one user-friendly package.
We like to make life easier ….
Our support teams have worked in a variety of industrial and embedded environments and consequently provide knowledge, know-how, experience and all round good advice around all BVM’s products & services when and where you need it.
We don’t profess to know everything you need at the time – but we’ll always help in the first instance and get back to you when a little more information is required.