What is a Pico-ITX Motherboard?
The Pico-ITX industrial computing platform provides a solution in a 100mm by 72mm foot print. This makes it ideally suited to space-limited applications were diverse I/O requirements are still a requirement.
- Low power format – such as Atom or ARM based
- High power format – latter i-cores series, e.g. Sky Lake, Kay Lake, Coffee Lake – and Whisky Lake
Low power formats; generally used where space is of a premium, but low power operation is required to save on power usage (such as industrial hand held devices where battery power needs to be efficiently conserved) – and low heat dissipation, but still providing for enhanced graphics capability. A good example are the latest Atom solutions in Apollo Lake – including N3350, and N4200, plus the Atom x7-E3950 Apollo Lake, x5-E3940 and x5-E3930 series.
In recent years, OEM’s have picked up on requirements for solutions with good all-round processor capability (high performances in data & graphical manipulation). Most notable amongst these OEM providers are Commell, DFI and Lex
Typically, where would a high power Pico-ITX solution be deployed ?
For example, in high end surveillance applications where the ability to manipulate intensive (HD/4K) imagery and data, whilst still maintaining a discrete sized device that will remain hidden from public view is needed.
Additionally, and as referred to in the above, the ability to still have a diverse range of I/O, powerful IoT-ready industrial PC systems can be realised by adding 3G & 4G modem capability well as an SSD using the available features such as full-size mini PCIe and M.2 B key 2242 sockets. Some Pico-ITX solutions can provide up to 3 x displays support via VGA, mini DP++ and LVDS. Dual Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x USB ports including dual USB 3.0, RS-232/485, SATA 3.0, SMBus, audio and GPIO are also all available features that can be found.
As well as being available in extended temperature formats – such as (-20C to +70C) and full industrial (-40C to +85C) temperature specification – wide supply voltage (9-36v) versions are also available (ideal for in-vehicle usage)
- Lex 8th Gen Intel Whiskey Lake-U i7/i5/i3 4xGBe Pico-ITX 2I810D
- DFI 8th Gen Intel CoreTM Processor 2.5″ Pico-ITX WL051
- DFI Intel Atom Processor E3900 Pico-ITX AL053
- DFI Intel Atom / Pentium / Celeron Processor E3900 Pico-ITX AL051
- DFI Intel Pentium/Celeron/Intel Atom Processor E3900 Pico-ITX AL05P
- Commell Pico-ITX Celeron 4305UE Motherboard LP-178C
- Commell Pico-ITX i7-8665UE Whiskey Lake Motherboard LP-178
- Commell Pico-ITX Embedded Intel Apollo Lake EBC – LP-177
- Commell Pico-ITX Embedded Intel Braswell EBC – LP-176
- Commell Pico-ITX Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake ULT EBC – LP-175
- Commell Pico-ITX U-series EBC – LP-174
- Jetway Pico-ITX Embedded Intel Bay Trail – NP93-2930
We like to make life easier ….
BVM supply a wide and diverse range of Industrial and Embedded Systems. From Industrial Motherboards, SBCs and Box PCs, to Rack Mount computers and Industrial Panel PCs so, if you cant find an off the shelf system that meets your specific requirements speak with our in house design team who who can design a new product from start to finish.